Anonymous Bitcoin Wallets – The Top 5 Wallets without identification and verification
One of the central principles of crypto is anonymity. So the last thing you want is for your Bitcoin Wallet to be what your privacy gives up. Fortunately, you have a few truly anonymous Bitcoin Wallets to choose from. Read on and discover our five top choices.
Unstoppable is a decentralized crypto wallet app that is rapidly gaining popularity. In our opinion it has become one of the best anonymous Bitcoin wallets on the market.
The app works on a peer-to-peer basis. The only centralized aspect is the third party data used to provide live stock market quotes. The code of the app is completely open source.
Unstoppable supports more than 50 coins, including Bitcoin, leading ERC 20 tokens, NBB, Dai and Maker.
As for anonymity, you have never been asked for your name or contact information, there are no identity checks, and no third-party servers store your transaction data. We have written a full review of Unstoppable. It’s worth it if you want to learn more about it.
Another of the best anonymous crypto wallets is Wasabi. In the developers’ own words, it is an “open source Bitcoin wallet designed to protect privacy”.
It uses Chaumian Zero Link CoinJoins on Tor to maintain its anonymity. The underlying process is technical; most people do not need to know how it works.
Simply put, however, CoinJoins act as a mixer for Bitcoin’s wallets. A Bitcoin mixer can help to hide the connection between outgoing and incoming transactions. It prevents someone from tracing a chain of digital signatures on the block chain to learn about your output habits. In the figure above you can see a basic diagram of how the process works.
Wasabi is only available on desktop operating systems (Windows, Mac and Linux). There is no Android or iOS version. It may not be suitable for people who spend a lot of time using their crypto on the road.
Samourai Wallet is one of the newest anonymous Bitcoin Wallets. It has two main objectives: to keep your identity secret and to keep your transactions confidential. There is a mobile version (only available for Android) and a desktop version (Windows, Mac, Linux).
It offers you anonymity thanks to Ricochet and STONEWALL technology. Ricochet is an on/off switch that allows you to ensure that your transactions are not flagged as suspicious when sent to other third party exchanges (even if you are on one of the blacklists published by blockchain monitoring algorithms).
STONEWALL will modify your transactions so that they leave no trace of public metadata. It creates a degree of statistical doubt about the connection between a sender and a receiver, which means that block chain monitoring companies cannot monitor you.
Another impressive feature of the Samourai Wallet is its offline functionality. You can send your crypto transactions either by SMS or through a mesh network to the appropriate network.
Rahakott is an anonymous Bitcoin Wallet that positions itself as one of the best alternatives to apps like Electrum and Mycelium.
- In some ways, the app resembles Unstoppable. You can create a new wallet in less than 15 seconds and are never prompted to provide identifiable information.
- For even more anonymity, the Rahakott app can also be used as a mixer for Bitcoin’s wallets. It works in the background to anonymize your transactions and significantly reduce the chances that someone can trace them. To further enhance your privacy, see how you can buy Bitcoin anonymously.
- It also offers an optional “Strong Mixing” function. It intentionally breaks the chain of receiving and sending addresses, making it impossible to track them. To use “Strong Mixing”, you need at least 10 times the minimum network fee in your wallet credit. You will be charged one percent of the total transaction costs.
On the other hand, Rahakott supports significantly less coins than Unstoppable. You can only produce six wallets. They are Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash, Bitcoin Cash, ZCash and Ethereum. Rahakott is only available as Web Wallet.
PINT Wallet is a decentralized anonymous Bitcoin Wallet available only on Android. In addition to the functions of the wallet, it has an integrated peer-to-peer crypto marketplace.
- No personal data is required during setup and the keys for the Wallet are live on your mobile device. If you lose your phone, you can use the app’s built-in anti-theft feature to delete it from your old device and restore it to a new device.
- Currently supported coins include Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash and Dogecoin. You can even send and receive other ERC 20 coins like OmiseGo, Golem and Power Ledger.
- The P2P functions are supported by an encrypted chat. Buyers and sellers can communicate before making a transaction. PINT also has on-chain escrow; a seller’s assets remain in the wallet until the buyer confirms the transaction.
Finally, PINT is compatible with Changelly and Shapeshift. You can use the app to compare transfer prices and find the best deal.
Learn more about the best Bitcoin Wallets
The five wallets we looked at are all among the best anonymous Bitcoin wallets available today. Let us know about your favorite Bitcoin mixer for the wallets by contacting us in social media. And if you want to learn more about crypto wallets, be sure to read our other articles about detecting fake crypto wallets and the advantages and disadvantages of paper versus hardware wallets.